Saturaday 8 Aug
This morning I woke up, drenched in sweat, however tired I was I'm thankful that my nightmare has ended. Lol I had this dream about people chasing me again… >.< I really hated it. I think it's cos I like to escape from my troubles and problems anw I'll post more about this on my pblog.
Okay, this morning after eating breakfast, me and my bro went to red hill there for this community blessing event. Lol okay at the start, before we started giving out the food rations, we were supposed to prepare the food rations. The preparation goes like this – everyone is spit into different groups, and I'm in the Blue group. There are in total 6 groups, red, blue, green, yellow, grey, and purple. In my group, my group leader was Kenneth and Joanne, and my group mates were some random ppl from other clubs and some random ppl I've never seen before. From church coming over to help I guess. Okay, so. My group is in charge of the canned food like baked beans, sardines/fish luncheon and mushrooms. Then there are groups in charge of milo and cereal, in charge of rice, in charge of plastic bags (lol they go around to the stations with plastic bags, and at each station, the groups in charge of that particular station will put the food into the plastic bags they carry around.)
I'm like so lucky to be in blue group, and not one of those plastic bags group XD cos my job is really relaxed and can slack. Okay, our group was supposed to take 36 packets of food rations and we were to distribute them to Holland area and Ghim Moh area there. So the 7 of us hand-carried all the 36 food rations down, and set off in Kenneth's and Ming Yao's (another adult volunteer who was in my group I think that's his name lol) cars. I went with Kenneth. Okay eh actually I think my group was rather lucky cos at the Holland there all the ppl were at the SAME block and thus we are really lucky. Out of the 36 food rations we were supposed to give, 31 of them were to give to the Holland residents. Whoa right? Our group split into 2 groups, Kenneth, Joanne, the malay girl (I think her name is nabelah or smth liddat lol) and yang zhi in one group, me this uni guy and the Mingyao in another group. Our group did the 12, 11, 10 and 9th floor. And so we brought the food rations with us and began from the top.
As we knocked our first door, I felt a little nervous. Like lol idk if I can really converse with the elderly. At the same time, I felt rather excited cos this is my first time doing this community blessing thingy. But when I saw how these people were living, my heart goes out to them. No matter how tired, thirsty or hungry I was, I felt it all worth it, to help these people..
It actually pains me to see those old ppl suffering like that. They're either staying alone, or living without their kids… lol and their living conditions, some of them are really bad.. like whole house was bare except for maybe a bed and a few chairs. That's really saddening… Some of them were disabled too. Their arms, legs, bones and even ears have problems. Some couldn't even speak properly… Some of them are hearing impaired, some of them suffer from diabetes and therefore their toes/fingers have to be amputated. It really pains me to see all that and it makes me feel so much more fortunate and blessed…
This experience was a really meaningful one for me. I felt that I can finally do something for these people. It's not just giving them to food which counts, but is the happiness they get when we gave the food rations to them. They would also try to chat us up cos they're really lonely. But the sad thing is that lol, I cant converse in Chinese dialect with them. Especially when they speak Cantonese. As for Hainanese, we've only encountered one, and she knows Chinese too. Lol I feel so ashamed. I'm a Hainan I can't speak or even understand Hainan. >.< lol anw, after that we went on to Ghim Moh there.
LOL the place we went to was super near MOELC there. You know, the neighbourhood I used walk past every time after 3rd lan? Okay nvm, it's just there. From Ghim Moh area there were only 5 families who we have to give out the food rations to. So again we split up and went in out groups. So me and that uni guy went to blk 18, joanne and nabelah went to 17 and Kenneth and ming yao went to 16 I think. Okay so we were supposed to go to 2 units, but one of the units isn't in, so we went on to the next unit. Okay, that unit the old auntie cfm in cos the tv was blaring really loudly. Lol we knocked the door, we called out to her but she didn't respond. I was afraid that she was hearing impaired that's why she couldn't hear us and that's why the tv. >.< lol so half apologizing, my partner went to open the windows and called her. This time she responded. Opened the door for us and offered us to have a seat. T_T and she was speaking Cantonese. I couldn't understand a thing, except for that she was trying to initiate an impossible conversation with me… though luckily that uni guy knows some Cantonese.
Okay finally we bid her byes and left. Lol I can tell that the Ghim Moh ppl there live in better conditions than the ppl who stay at the Holland there. Holland there all stay in one room apartments while Ghim Moh there that old lady stay in a 2 room apartment.
Lol we finished at about 430pm liddat, which was the time when we were supposed to end. But then, the group giving out rations at Clementi there were stuck – they still had about half more of the food rations to give. So we went there to help them. The Clementi place we were supposed to go was Xinyi's neighbourhood there. You know, the HDB flats just a few blocks away from nus high. We were just supposed to give out 3 to 5 food rations I can't really remember. Then went back to "HQ" lol.
Wth lor after that must do presentation on what we learnt and etc etc. lol based on the theme "What do you see" lol national day theme song. But anw this was quite a meaningful experience for me and I really enjoyed it. =] and I like that kitty that old man keeps. It's name is Koko. =] haha. then after that me and my bro went to grandma's house for dinner. gosh, i was tired.
Sunday 9 Aug
Okay lol last night slept really late and was rather tired in the morning. Budden my parents insist that I go to SimLim square with them.. =.= okay fine so I tagged along. Hmm actually my parents alr went there to survey the parts and so today wasn't as tedious as any other day, just go there to buy the parts and ask them to assemble. Lol yeah I saw how they assembled the com and lol, that person just took less than 5minutes to assemble it??? Wtf? Lol my dad would take one whole day and night just to figure out which wires go where. I'm worse, I don't even know how to assemble one, though it looks really really easy.. o.O
and OH YAH. LOL TODAY I SAW SOMEONE WEARING A SHIRT WITH "I ♥ BJ" ROFLMAOZEDONGDONGBELL. so wrong. i think it was supposed to mean BeiJing lol.
anw, I we took a cab home (yay!) and we got a new com (yayay!). (though no os so it's as good as useless at this point of time >.< ) lol okay. It's 3.34am now. Gotta sleep nao. >.< but not tired idk why. I think I slept too much this afternoon/night/evening le. Lol.